Those close to me know that I am a wanderlust(er). Well, if you have been through this blog before you would know as well. It goes without saying that I am always on the lookout for the greatest of destinations.
One thing I have discovered is that unlike me, the spontaneous one, a lot of people like to plan ahead especially in January. Another discovery of mine whilst searching for destinations was Plettenberg Bay.
“Plettenberg Bay is a seaside town on the Garden Route in South Africa’s Western Cape Province. The sandy Central Beach and Lookout Beach both have surf breaks. To the south, Robberg Nature Reserve is a rocky peninsula with trails and the Stone Age Nelson Bay Caves. Northeast are Birds of Eden, a free-flight bird sanctuary in indigenous forest, and an elephant sanctuary. Whales come near the coast in migration season.”
As if that is not enough, there is actually another gem of a destination, 33km away, called Knysna.
“Knysna is a town with 85 708 inhabitants as of 2019 in the Western Cape Province of South Africa and is part of the Garden Route. It lies 34 degrees south of the equator, and is 55 kilometres east from the city of George on the N2 highway, and 33 kilometres west of the town of Plettenberg Bay on the same road.”
That being said, I thought I should share some of the key facts related to/ about these destinations
- Maserame Travel, a travel brand offering expeditions locally and regionally have a travel package scheduled for the 17th to 21st of July 2020. Departure day is on the 16th in Gaborone, Botswana. The package covers 4 nights’ accommodation, refreshments en-route, Plett Day trip, Tsitsikamma Park entrance, visit to knysna heads and lagoon. All of that for BWP 2650 PPS. How convenient and incredible. I swear, FOMO is sinking in already, don’t know about you.
- “Plettenberg Bay is a top-class destination for nature-lovers, adventurers and beachgoers. Whether you’re after a seaside holiday, a wilderness experience in pristine natural surrounds, or adrenaline-packed adventures, you’ll find all these and more in Plett.”
- The coastal town, Plettenberg Bay borders the western and eastern cape making it a great destination to visit. That of-course depending on whether you like to tick off provinces and countries you have visited.
- Built on a hillside, you’re bound to get a beautiful view wherever you are accommodated when you are in Plettenberg Bay.
- For my wine lovers, you would definitely be glad to find out that Plett, as affectionately called, has sixteen producing vineyards and many of those now have tasting rooms and restaurants attached. Yes, it’s a wine region too.
- Hiking, Abseiling, Bungee Jumping are some of the adventurous activities you could get to do when visiting.
- FOR MORE, especially things to do, VISIT http://www.visitknysna.co.za/things-to-do-in-knysna.html AND http://www.plett-tourism.co.za/do/activities/
Once you are content, contact Maserame Travel on +267 75007184/76951182 to book a spot with them on their next trip.
Featured Image: Douglas Bagg