Different homes have different types of flooring which might leave you, as a homeowner, asking yourself how you should maintain your floors and keep them looking new.
Says Ammarah Chand, brand manager at Handy Andy: “While the task of cleaning your floors may seem like the simplest one on your list, it is important to remember that different floors have their own set of cleaning needs that will help keep your floors looking sparkling clean.”
The best floor care comes from knowing the most effective way to clean and sanitize the kind of flooring you have which is why we have put together five tips that will help you start loving your floors again and most importantly- with only a few products.
- Get to know your floors: Find out what type of floor you are cleaning. How you clean laminate or vinyl flooring will differ to how you clean hardwood floors and tiles; knowing the floors you are dealing with helps make the decision of buying the right product even easier.
- Less is more: we understand how daunting it can be to find a product that is just right for your floors, which may lead to you buying more products than you actually need. “Try to avoid using multiple products and stick to trusted cleaning products that can remove dirt, add shine and are suitable for multiple surfaces. I recommend using a floor cleaner that has germ killing properties such as the new Handy Andy Floor and All-purpose Cleaner which has the power of Domestos. This product has multiple benefits including removing tough dirt and grease, streak free shine, it kills germs, it’s suitable for multiple surfaces and leaves surfaces smelling fresh,” adds Chand.
- Choosing the right product for the right floor: When shopping for cleaning equipment and supplies, always check the manufacturer’s specifications to ensure that you are choosing the right product for your type of flooring. This is where usage instructions come in handy.
- Take care of them: try to incorporate simple practices which will help you take care and protect your floors such as not pushing or dragging your furniture. Make use of; an area rug, furniture pads or furniture wheels.
5. prep your floors well: “always remove any form of dirt or dust from your floors prior to cleaning them with a solution. Use a soft bristle broom to sweep any dirt from the surfaces well,” concludes Chand.
This article is sponsored by Handy Andy
I hope you found it useful. Stay tuned for more…